:: CBE/EA and Courses

Personal Identification Number (PIN)

A Personal Identification Number (PIN), which is automatically assigned to you when your enrollment has been processed, appears on your enrollment receipt. When you contact Educational Services representatives (by phone, fax, or e-mail), have your PIN available as it will be required. Please note that we cannot provide any information to you without your PIN or UTEID.

Educational Services representatives can answer questions about enrollment dates, assignments received, and examination eligibility. However, if you have placed a directory information restriction on your records through our office we cannot report any information by telephone to you, to your family members, or to others.

The rights of students with respect to privacy and release of education records maintained by the University along with procedures for complying with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act are adhered to. Copies of the Act and the Federal Regulations adopted pursuant to it are available to the public in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Main 121, Austin, TX 78712. View the educational records policy on the University of Texas Registrar’s website.

top of page